Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Climate change

Another day, another 238,000 households without power. (We, fortunately, are not among them. As evidenced by the fact that I am posting to this blog.)

Anyone who is skeptical about the on-going climate change should visit Chicago this year (and try to get a good night's sleep...). We have had more thunderstorms - and more dramatic thunderstorms - than I can ever remember having in a single summer, anywhere I've lived. I would be more entertaining if they didn't tend to hit around 1 a.m., and weren't strong enough to blast us awake. I'll still take it over earthquakes, tsunamis, etc., though.

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello!
Theresa called me this morning to see how things were in Chicago --- apparently "Charlie Gibson" spoke of a terrible tornado ripping thru Chicago - completely unexpected!!! Glad to hear all is well in your town - and yes - the weather has been strange. Currently enjoying a beautiful sunny hot August day in Ohio. Winter seemed so very long this past year you will not hear me complaining about humidity. That's it for now - love to the Chicago Kids :)
aunt Janet

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home