Thursday, September 15, 2005

Workin' for a living...

More details about the job: Monday, I stated as an associate for a big law firm here in town (about 350 attorneys). Slight digression: while that size makes them a "big" firm, and would have seemed huge to me as recently as law school, it's positively dwarfed by some of the places here in town. I mean, places with 1000+ attorneys - wow.

Anyway, I started Monday, and while I like it so far, I still haven't done much real work. (I did officially bill my first hour yesterday, though.) I'm meeting with a number of people who might have work for me today, so that could be changed by tonight. Wish me luck as I shake those trees! It's a little harder for me - the rest of my class summered with this firm, so people already have an idea of their working habits and work product. I'm an unknown. Again, that should change pretty quickly. :-)

Today is a meeting with the labor and employment folks - and they're feeding us again. I suppose law school is still recent enough that "free food" still has a certain appeal...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home