Friday, February 17, 2006

Citizen Me

Or... "You, the Juror."

Seriously. A 20-minute tape they made us watch at the beginning of our service as Cook County jurors that explained who all the people in the courtroom are, what their roles are, the basic outline of a trial, and what the role of a juror is. Corny as hell.

And totally useless today, since not a single juror-to-be ever even left the room.

It was cool, though. I got to read a whole book. And how many times can you perform your civic duty and do a little off-track-betting? (Well, I didn't actually, but I did have lunch across the road from the courthouse at the OTB/racetrack.)

And now I have a little certificate that says I never have to do that again... well, for a year. Better than nothing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home