Tuesday, January 24, 2006

It's about time...

Well, I can never again say I've never been called for jury duty. My official Cook County Summons arrived over the weekend, so in mid-February I need to call in and see if they need me to trek out to the suburbs and be a juror. (Mapquest estimates 33 minutes to drive out there - hope it's right!) I'm betting I'll have to go - and that there's no way I'll be seated on an jury. I don't exactly have a "desirable profile." So to speak.

It'll be interesting, though, after two years of watching juries from the outside... the one thing I always wanted was to be able to sit inside the jury room and see what actually happened. It's the remaining great mystery of the legal system!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home